Goliath powered armor is the main powered armor worn by the Martian Marine Corps Force Recon Marines for combat scenarios. These suits are resistant to most small arms.
Goliath Mark I/II (presumed)
The early variants of vacuum-rated Goliath armor. This armor had a solid metal chest piece unlike later models.
Goliath Mark III
This Mark of armor is visibly different from its predecessor with a redesigned chestpiece and more sleek shoulder armor. Two lights are visible on the chest armor. The Mark III would be the basis for later Marks.
Goliath Mark IV
At the time of the Ganymede incident the Mark IV powered armor suit was the main suit in use by the Martian Marine Corps. Although lacking any visible differences to the previous model, the Mark IV has a completely reworked firmware incompatible with earlier Marks suits.
Goliath Mark V
Goliath armor utilizes an inbuilt multi barrel minigun  firing armor-piercing, high-explosive, and 6.25mm incendiary-tipped caseless ammunition. Inbuilt RPGs (Rocket Propelled Grenades) have also been shown to be worn within the back of the armor and can be remotely targeted. Grenades are also used by Marines in this armor and can be attached directly onto the armor exterior for storage. The inbuilt weapons onboard Goliath power armor are DNA encoded and cannot be operated by anyone but the assigned Marine user.
- In the books the Marines aboard the Donnager wore powered armor similar if not the same as the Goliath Mk Ⅲ. This was changed on the show version with the Marines wearing standard Martian light armor that is standard for the Martian Marine Corps excluding Force Recon. This difference was largely due to the evolution of armor design by the art production team between season 1 and season 2 where the Donnager Marines appeared in the first year's episodes and the Scirocco Marines appeared in the second year's episodes.
- Most small arms used on ships are incapable of penetrating the armor of these suits as they are designed not to penetrate the hull of ships exposing the interiors to vacuum by gunfire. In spite of this, a skilled sharpshooter can obtain an accurate kill against this armor by targeting weak points in the faceplate.
- In the show, the armor is painted silver with red trim detail; however, the book armor units are painted in camouflage with Marines on Mars having red/orange paint and on Ganymede having a grey paint scheme.
- The Expanse TV Series - Season 5, Episode 2: "Churn"
- This applies only to the book incarnation of the armor described in Caliban's War.
- The Expanse TV Series - Season 3, Episode 13: "Abaddon's Gate". Mark displayed on case that the armor is stored in.
- In the books this is a three-barrel Thunderbolt Mark V minigun as its main armament. The show version is a six-barrel minigun
- The Expanse TV Series - Season 3, Episode 5: "Triple Point". Displayed on case that Draper states will work with her gun.
- The Expanse TV Series - Season 2, Episode 1: "Safe" - File:S02E01-Draper 2nd MMC Expeditionary Unit.png
- The Expanse Novel Abaddon's Gate - Chapter 22: Holden