Leviathan Falls is the upcoming ninth novel in The Expanse series and will mark the end of the book series. It was originally projected to be released on November 16, 2021, but production delays with the publisher postponed the release to November 30, 2021 (US) and December 2, 2021 (UK). 
Its title and cover were revealed by publisher, Orbit Books, on September 16, 2020.
The Laconian Empire has fallen, setting the thirteen hundred solar systems free from the rule of Winston Duarte. But the ancient enemy that killed the gate builders is awake, and the war against our universe has begun again.
In the dead system of Adro, Elvi Okoye leads a desperate scientific mission to understand what the gate builders were and what destroyed them, even if it means compromising herself and the half-alien children who bear the weight of her investigation. Through the wide-flung systems of humanity, Colonel Aliana Tanaka hunts for Duarte’s missing daughter. . . and the shattered emperor himself. And on the Rocinante, James Holden and his crew struggle to build a future for humanity out of the shards and ruins of all that has come before.
As nearly unimaginable forces prepare to annihilate all human life, Holden and a group of unlikely allies discover a last, desperate chance to unite all of humanity, with the promise of a vast galactic civilization free from wars, factions, lies, and secrets if they win.
But the price of victory may be worse than the cost of defeat.
- Duarte (prologue)
- Trejo (prologue)
- Jim (12½ chapters)
- Tanaka (11 chapter)
- Naomi (7½ chapters)
- Elvi (7 chapters)
- The Dreamer (5 interludes)
- Kit (2 chapters)
- Fayez (1 chapter)
- Teresa (3 chapters)
- Jillian (1 chapter)
- The Lighthouse and the keeper (1 chapter)
- Alex (3 chapters)
- The Linguist (epilogue)
- Leviathan Wakes - novel
- Caliban's War - novel
- Abaddon's Gate - novel
- Cibola Burn - novel
- Nemesis Games - novel
- Babylon's Ashes - novel
- Persepolis Rising - novel
- Tiamat's Wrath - novel
- The Churn - novella
- The Vital Abyss - novella
- "The Butcher of Anderson Station" - short story
- Gods of Risk - novella
- "Drive" - online short story
- Strange Dogs - novella
- "The Last Flight of the Cassandra" - short story
- Auberon - novella
- Memory's Legion - compendium and novella
- Tweet from James S.A. Corey (May, 11 2018): Book nine is the last book of #TheExpanse, and book eight comes out this year, so the end is in sight.
- Tweet from Orbit Books (October 6, 2021): Announcement of book 9's delay.
- Amazon - Leviathan Falls
- The final book in #TheExpanse series by @JamesSACorey
is LEVIATHAN FALLS! Coming 2021.
Watch the authors answer questions from the audience during the live reveal: <URL not allowed>
Art by Daniel Dociu; design by @Planetpinto
- Hachette Book Group - Leviathan Falls
- James S. A. Corey - Leviathan Falls
- Tor.com - Leviathan Falls Will Be The Final Installment of The Expanse by Andrew Liptak Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27pm
- io9 - The Expanse's 9th and Final Book Is Titled Leviathan Falls by Cheryl Eddy Sep 16, 2020 2:22PM