Saturn is the sixth planet from Sol and the second largest planet in the Sol system, after Jupiter.
Saturn is the Sol system's only known gas giant planet to have a prominent ring system. Its rings consist mainly of ice, which is harvested to be used as a water supply for colonies in the Belt by companies such as the Pur'n'Kleen Water Company.
Saturn has at least 150 natural satellites. Many are settled, and the moons have a total population of approximately 20 million people.
- Titan, known for its amazing dome resorts, is the largest; it comprises more than 90% of the mass in orbit around Saturn (including the rings).
- Rhea, second largest moon and similar to Ceres in that it features hydrostatic equilibrium.
- Iapetus, third largest and known for several unusual features, such as a massive equatorial ridge running three-quarters of the way around the moon.
- Dione, fourth largest and an icy moon with, probably, a rocky core.
- Tethys, fifth largest, low density moon, and possibly mostly comprised of water-ice.
- Enceladus, sixth largest and an icy moon known for its geysers and cracks caused by Saturn's tidal pull.
- Mimas, a rocky, spherical moon and seventh largest; know to be the smallest spherical object in the system.
- Hyperion, an irregular moon with sponge-like crater formations and a chaotic rotation.
- Phoebe, a mysterious irregular moon that was mostly off limits due to a secretive research station.
- Saturn on Wikipedia