History[edit | edit source]
The Scirocco was dispatched by MCRN Command to secure the research station on Phoebe, the same location that the Donnager had been returning from when it was destroyed by Protogen's stealth ships. The mission to secure the station was given to MMC Gunnery Sergeant Bobbie Draper and her squad, Privates Hillman, Travis and Corporal Sa'id.
The Scirocco was heavily damaged in orbit over Ganymede by United Nations Navy forces during the Ganymede Incident. Much of its crew, including its X.O. (Executive Officer) , Lieutenant Sutton, were killed.
Scirocco then moved to Earth where crew were transfered the the MCR embassy on the planet.
Media[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Syfy website describes the ship as a high speed troop carrier.
- It is unknown what forces initiated the battle in orbit over Ganymede.
- It is also possible that Chaplain Martens was visiting and not normal crew aboard Scirocco. The size of the ship and the ship's crew complement is undetermined.
- A scirocco is a hot wind, often dusty or rainy, blowing from North Africa across the Mediterranean to southern Europe.
- The ship's name is probably a reference to the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam character Paptimus Scirocco, who commanded a vessel in orbit around Jupiter.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|2 "Doors & Corners"||Absent|
|6 "Paradigm Shift"||Appears|
|7 "The Seventh Man"||Absent|
|9 "The Weeping Somnambulist"||Absent|
|11 "Here There Be Dragons"||Absent|
|12 "The Monster and the Rocket"||Absent|
|13 "Caliban's War"||Absent|
- Commanding officer is seen in S02E01 giving orders to Lt. Sutton to prepare for sending marines to Phoebe station