In Holden's childhood, when Mother Tamara finished cooking, she used to say "Soup's on!".
After a tornado once hit Montana, Mother Tamara took James along to help with the cleanup on a commercial complex a few miles from his family's farm.
After global infrastructure on Earth collapsed due to the Bombardment of Earth, Holden receives a text-message from Mother Tamara telling him that his parents were all ok, but that "ash was falling on the ranch like snow in winter".
Later, when their farm becomes nearly unmanageable, Tamara, together with all other family members, is evacuated to Luna, where they all meet their son and his love, Naomi Books • TV, as well as the rest of Holden's friends.
See also Edit
- Father Tom Books • TV
- Father Caesar
- Father Dimitri
- Father Joseph
- Father Anton
- Mother Sophie
- Mother Elise Books • TV
- group marriage
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 “Uh, yeah,” Holden said. “It’s just something Mother Tamara used to say when she’d finished cooking. Not sure where it comes from.”
-- Leviathan Wakes, Chapter 37: Holden
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "It wasn’t sexual. Father Tom and Father Caesar were already sexual partners and monogamous. Mother Tamara was single. Fathers Joseph and Anton and Mothers Elise and Sophie were already a polyamorous civil unit. Father Dimitri joined a month later when he started dating Tamara."
-- Holden to his crew in Caliban's War, Chapter 13: Holden
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 His mother Tamara had taken him along.
-- Cibola Burn, Chapter 31: Holden
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "He'd gotten a short text-only message from Mother Tamara that his parents were all right for now, but that ash was falling on the ranch like snow in winter."
Nemesis Games, Chapter 33: Holden
- ↑ Babylon's Ashes, Chapter 12: Holden